At Agrivert, we take privacy seriously. Throughout the data collection process, all necessary steps are taken to ensure that data is used only according to the purposes that Agrivert has clearly stated.
- Information is collected from the user on registration, or when contributions are made or certain features of the site are used. It is collected primarily so that Agrivert can both personalise the use of the site for users and to assist in provision of its services.
- Information is also collected so that Agrivert may send users further information about the site, related products or services, details of other Agrivert products or services or those of third parties. The site allows the user to choose which of these will be relevant. Agrivert will only pass information about users (as an individual as opposed to aggregate information – as explained in clause 10) to third parties with users’ consent or otherwise set out in this policy.
- All user information is covered by the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”). The Act requires Agrivert to be registered as a Data Controller. Further details of the registration are available at http://www.dpr.gov.uk/
- Users can access the data held on them by contacting Agrivert in writing or by email, subject to a nominal charge of £10, as authorised by the Act, to cover administration costs.
- Users’ details may be transferred to another Agrivert company or to the new owner if ownership of Agrivert changes.
- Whenever a user requests a page, username, IP address, browser and version and operating system are stored in a log file. This information is only used for statistical purposes to help improve this site and provide accurate statistics in the form of aggregated data.