Agrivert is a dynamic organisation and recognises that the quality, skills and motivation of our staff directly impact our ability to provide products and services effectively and efficiently.
Agrivert is committed to providing employees with a professional but relaxed working environment where hard work and commitment is encouraged and rewarded. We are proud of our extremely low rate of staff turnover.
As Agrivert grows and opens more facilities, we will be seeking new people to join our team and to help us become the UK's leading organic waste management organisation.
Embracing diversity helps Agrivert attract, retain and develop the best people, who collectively support and contribute to a creative and innovative working culture. It is our unique culture that enables Agrivert to continuously deliver creative and innovative solutions to our customers. Our aim is to create an environment where everyone is welcome and where everyone can be the best they can be. We do not discriminate on any basis including the 9 protected characteristics as defined within the Equality Act 2010: age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Jobs at Agrivert
We are currently recruiting for the positions listed below.
The Maintenance Engineer will support the safe, efficient and effective running of our biogas plants in the UK. You will complete the scheduled service and maintenance of AD plants, as well as providing a reactive maintenance service in accordance with site requirements. You will be instrumental in ensuring that the plant components are operating at full capacity.
You will have a company van and fuel card for business use. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Engineer with good mechanical and electrical skills that is looking to be a part of a growing company where you will be instrumental in the success of the business.
• Completing all regular maintenance and safety checks;
• Undertaking preventative measures to avoid future problems;
• Carry out installation and maintenance work, repairs and part changes;
• Reporting faults and breakdowns;
• Obtain quotes from suppliers for replacement parts and upgrades;
• Completing job sheets and estimates for chargeable works;
• Minimise and report on all breakdowns, damages and incidents;
• Liaise with external contractors to arrange specific repairs & maintenance work;
• Ensure best practice & compliance with health and safety requirements;
• Control spares inventory and consumables;
• Other duties as required.
Experience & Qualifications
Experience as Maintenance Engineer or Mechanical Fitter in a relevant industry;
- A minimum of 5 years' experience with a multi-skilled electrical or mechanical bias
- Problem solving ability;
- An analytical and logical approach to decision making;
- Excellent communications skills and a personable manner;
- Computer literacy is essential. Must be able to complete spreadsheets, reports, emails and operate the SCADA control system;
- Health, safety and environmental awareness;
- Full driving licence.
- Relevant HND/HNC/City & Guilds qualification in an engineering discipline;
- Proven experience in an industrial related field, such as agriculture, engineering, wastewater or recycling;
- Have a good basic knowledge of AD/biogas/feedstock or be willing to learn.
- Relevant H+S qualifications e.g. SPA (Safety Pass Alliance) Training, First Aid at Work, Rough Terrain Telescopic Lift Trucks