In November 2018, Agrivert’s 5 food waste AD facilities, 2 IVC facilities and 3 composting facilities were purchased by Severn Trent Green Power Ltd. For any queries in relation to processing food waste or green waste please visit STGP at stgreenpower.co.uk. The information on this page will no longer be updated.
The waste management industry is suffering ever increasing pressures on service levels, outlet availability, customer retention and ultimately profit margins. The UK’s waste producers are experiencing the same pressures and therefore are demanding more for less from the waste industry.
In conjunction with this the UK has some very challenging recycling targets to meet by 2020. Drawing more food waste out of landfill streams, particularly from commercial and industrial customers, will be a vital contributor towards meeting these targets.
We appreciate that time spent on route to tipping destinations is time wasted in terms of making chargeable collections. We therefore strive to support our WMCs and hauliers with:
- Wide spanning geographical coverage (learn more about Where We Operate)
- Fast turnaround times; our average tip time is less than 10 minutes
- Clean sites, helpful staff and facilities for all drivers
- Flexibility in terms of what materials we can accept and how they are presented to us
- Competitive and sustainable pricing
- Guaranteed off-take of materials and robust contingency options.
All of our AD facilities are approved to process category 3 animal by-products enabling them to accept a wide variety of food wastes. You can send us:
- Production wastes from the manufacture of food and beverages; both solids and liquids
- Packaged food waste such as surplus, spoiled or off-spec stock, out of date products, stock clearances, factory breakdowns or QC failed products
- Food collected on trade waste collection rounds
- Restaurant and catering wastes
- Bakery and bread products
- Domestic, kerbside collected food waste
- Liquids and very wet wastes such as compost leachate, alcohols, fats and oils
All of Agrivert’s AD facilities accommodate a wide variety of delivery vehicles. These include:
- Tipping and walking floor bulkers
- Liquid tankers
- Refuse collection vehicles from 7.5t–26t, including those with side tipping pods and split bodies
- Curtain siders
- Roll on - roll off, including wagon and drag
- Skip vehicles
We aim to be flexible and accommodating with regards to which waste presentations we accept. Aswell as the usual presentation in skips, bulkers or otherwise (as detailed above), we can handle material in dolavs, bins, IBC's, pallets and barrels. We can also provide washing services for these receptacles if required.
All of our sites have robust front end de-packaging systems capable of handling primary and secondary packaging up to a maximum of 20% of the total load.
Only 4 types of packaging are not acceptable without special arrangement: Glass, textiles, tertiary packaging and canned material. It goes without saying that any hazardous materials or large items that would damage our processing equipment or biology must be avoided.
Our knowledgeable team will be happy to advise how we can accommodate any of your specific requirements (Contact Us).
Our approach to Compliance and Corporate and Social Responsibility is detailed and committed, learn more about this here.
All of Agrivert’s AD facilities hold the required operating permits, licences and procedures to underpin safe and compliant operations. We are happy to share these with our customers for Duty of Care and auditing purposes; they can be downloaded on each of the facility pages found here: Where We Operate.
We are ISO accredited and have various other awards and accreditations; learn more here.